Feeding the girls
What are the signs that Spring is here?
* Sunshine. I know that Seasonal Effective Disorder is not a joke and use daylight lightbulbs in my office, but it was great to work in the garden last week in real sunshine for once.
* Seeds have germinated in the greenhouse – roll on fresh salad leaves, herb leaves and my first bedding plants.
* Gorgeous minature tulips, daffs and hellibores this year. The mulching seems to have helped.
*I wore flipflops for the first time in 2009.
* The hedgehogs are back to enjoy their cat crunchies every evening.
* I have been catching up with my paperwork for my very FIRST TAX RETURN as a self employed Sole Trader. Thank heavens for Database spreadsheets and my receipt filing system. The capital items .. I am still thinking about.
I know there is plenty of time before I need to submit to the Revenue, but this seems like the best time to look at subjects like Pre-Trading Expenses and the like, before I – hopefully – start writing to contract again.
And now I have to start studying again to kick start the old brain cell into fiction writing and indulge in my passion for craft tips.
I have come across several sources of Craft Articles: One of the latest is ‘Women on Writing’ which is an excellent resource.
One of the key revision comments I received from my editor at Mills and Boon was how to increase ‘Emotional Depth’. I have now copied and printed out the articles from Melissa James from her ‘Emotional Depth Workshop’ – and in particular her views on Deep Point of View.
Well that should keep me busy for a few days. Happy writing.